Still in my shocked state, I jumped in the car with my parents (thank heaven my dad drove), sister, niece and nephew and headed to St Louis. When we arrived, Sharon was ready with the referral packet of my 5 week old little boy. He was a whopping 8lbs 6oz at birth. I fell in love immediately! Wow - was it really a year ago already?
My life has changed so much since that day last year!
My house isn't nearly as clean.
There are toys everywhere.
There are always bottles to wash and lots of laundry to do.
And there's so much love and laughter. I love it when Lucas wakes up in the morning, all warm and snuggly and smiles at me (with 2 - 4 pacifiers in his mouth and hands). I delight in everything he does. I call my parents multiple times a day and start the call with "He's so cute! Guess what he's doing now!" And at the end of the day, when he's tired or fussy, it warms my heart that he only wants me to hold him - not Nana or Aunt Ali or even Grandad (who's Lucas' favorite!) Being a mom is better than I could have dreamed.
Here's his referral picture!

And this was my favorite picture! I received this one while waiting to travel. A group of CHI adoptive families took a mission trip to Vietnam and visited all the orphanages. One of the moms sent this picture to me. Wasn't he a beautiful baby?

More current pictures with Grandad!



2 comments:
I always have to grin when seeing pics of your cutie, cause he is such a doll. But of course today I teared up - I just love your story! Been meaning to email you back forever now - but glad to see things have gone smoothly to get on the list for your next baby. Any tips on surviving all this waiting are welcome! Congrats on completing such a fab first year with your doll!
You are just ahead of us on the CHI waiting list. We were added on May 7th and were 159; we are expecting a boy, but are open to either a boy or girl.
Post a Comment