Saturday, May 12, 2007

My first Mother's Day is tomorrow!


In his new baby carrier

Using his "cell" phone

Lucas and Oscar - on the changing table

Tomorrow is my first Mother's Day. I have to say that I'm so thankful to have Lucas in my life! He's a joy!
Today, we went to St Louis to find some sandals for Nana. Mommy carried Lucas in the new Ergo baby carrier that I just bought. I think we are both going to enjoy the closeness. I have to admit that my lower back does hurt a little though.

It was so cute - on the drive to St Louis, Nana gave Lucas a new toy. It looks like a remote control. Lucas thinks it's a cell phone. He pushes the buttons and then
holds it to his ear. He is the cutest thing!

Lucas and Oscar are really getting along well now. See the picture of them both on the changing table. I think Oscar is liking Lucas more and more now that Lucas is eating Cheerios and other things in his high chair. He drops things sometimes or Oscar licks Lucas' hands when he finishes eating!

Baby #2 update: We're on the list at #156 for a boy or girl under 12 months. It's going to take around 12-15 months for the referral of a boy and the estimate for a girl is 2+ years. So most likely, I'm expecting a brother for Lucas. There were 3 referrals on Thursday, so we're already moving up the list.

2 comments:

Andie said...

Mindee-I've been following your jounal to get Lucas and now home with him. My husband says I'm addicted to adoption blogs! :-) Anyway, the reason I'm coming out of lurkdom is about your baby carrier. I had a baby bjorn with my first two children, and never really liked it. It looks much like what you have. When I was pg with my 3rd, I found a sling. I LOVE IT! My "baby" turned 3 yesterday, and I still can carry her around for quite a while without my back hurting! It really distributes the weight better than the front packs I've tried. I, also, enjoy the closeness that "wearing" your baby gives you, but the back aches make it impossible to do for long. When you find something that works so well and you love so much, you've just gotta share!! If you have any questions about them, don't hesitate to ask!
Oh, and CONGRATS on a new sibling for Lucas...how wonderful!
Blessings-
Andie

Unknown said...

Just reach your blog accidentally from a bookmark of my friend's pc at aquabot and it seems you really have great affection for your kid. Obvious...so Take care of the baby..and have wonderful days ahead.....