Ah summertime. Busy and hectic and crazy. Where should I start?
The kids have been having a lot of fun. Here are some pictures from one of our local church picnics with pony rides and nice looking tatoos are their arms/faces. The kids have such a good time together at these things. Lucas never would have enjoyed picnics and vacations as much if he didn't have his little sister along for the fun.
And last weekend, we went to Grant's Farm in St Louis. They had so much fun feeding the goats baby bottles. I wasn't sure they were going to like it. Those little goats are pretty aggressive, going after the bottles sometimes, but they liked it and fed them 3 bottles each. They touched a snake and ran thru the misters. We had a very nice time.
You may have noticed Lydia with a sling on her arm in some of the recent pictures. She was actually the second trip to the ER. Lucas was first. After falling off a swing at the park right onto the back of his head, he went to the ER with a concussion. Nothing obvious on the scan, but since he was very nauseous (twice), we assume it was actually a concussion. Less than a week later, it was Lydia's turn in the ER. The kids were very rowdy while I was talking to a salesman at Best Buy. I saw Lydia take a tumble and Lucas landed hard on her right shoulder. (can I say now how many times I ask them not to rowdy like that?) So when she couldn't stop crying, I took her to the ER. Now, two sets of xrays later, we don't see a break or fracture, so the doctor believes it is a bone bruise. It's been a rough 2 weeks for Mommy. And I'd rather not see our pediatrician or the ER docs again soon.
But all is well now. Lucas doesn't show any lingering signs of a concussion and Lydia is mending. She's a tough little girl.



No comments:
Post a Comment