At Christmas, Nana got Lydia a bitty baby from American Girl. Lydia took one look at it and said "I don't like it". Well - Nana wasn't too happy with that. Especially since Nana herself is starting to really get into American Girls due to Natalie - my 7 year old niece who just got Kit. Since Christmas, Nana and Lydia have constantly been reading the catalogs as they try to figure out what Lydia would like. Lydia seemed to like Josephina. Amazingly enough, we walked into Nana's after work/daycare the other night and who should be on the coffee table. You guessed it - Josephina herself. Lydia walked right over to her and said "Josephina? For me!" They've been a pair ever since. I've driven that doll all over town. I even talk to her as we go to pick Lydia up at school or daycare.
The funny thing is, that Josephina closely resembles the bitty baby that she took an immediate dislike to. Funny Lydia.
It's funny to watch Nana and Lydia read the American Girl catalog too. Now Lydia can name all the current historical dolls in order. And she's got a list of about 3 more she wants. It's probably going to be a while before she gets another one.


Lucas and Lydia - playing in puddles!
3 comments:
Delylah likes the big girl dolls too. I guess they are too mature for bitty babies. LOL. Deylah got Kanani for Christmas and she loves her.
Cathy
ngdni blinges
There's a big American Doll store in downtown Chicagp, if you ever get up this way! I guess that you can have tea with your doll and a bunch of other things.
We will be heading to the Chicago store some day. But Lydia and Nana are both thrilled to hear they are opening a store in St Louis in May I think. It's just a little closer to us.
Post a Comment