Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lydia and Mommy time

Yesterday, my sister and brother were kind enough to take Lucas with them for a while so I could have some time alone with Lydia. The truth is, that I'm having some trouble adjusting to being the mom of two. I feel pulled in different directions by the kids and it's hard to figure out how to parent them both. I'm sure as time goes by, things will settle down. And I've heard other adoptive parents say it takes about 6 months for everything to fall into place. It was so pleasant yesterday to just have time with Lydia. We played outside and she had the most fun playing in a puddle.







Here we are last weekend on a carousel. Lydia wasn't too sure about it, but if Lucas was going to do it, she sure wasn't going to miss out.
And here are our dogs, enjoying the front yard while Lydia was playing outside. They usually only get to play in the fenced back yard and were excited to see down the street so they could bark at everyone going by.

1 comment:

Casey and Carra said...

Glad you got to spend some time with Lydia, she is such a doll!