Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Oh what a difference a year makes. Last year at Christmas, I was really down about the entire adoption process. I didn't think I'd ever bring my second child home. But this year has been amazing. Lydia is great. She and Lucas are doing so well together that I can barely remember what it was like before she joined the family. I still can't believe that we were one of the few U.S. families to bring home a child from Nepal in the last 2 years. Not a day goes by that I don't realize how blessed we are. Especially since so many U.S. familes are still in Nepal fighting to bring their children home. I did have good news yesterday that a wonderful family did receive USCIS approval and they hope to bring their Nepali son home asap. What a wonderful Christmas present for them!



So we've been busy recently. Here's little Miss Lydia at Grandad's park band Christmas concert. Isn't she gorgeous? She has a ton of holiday clothes that Nana has gotten her. She loves clothes and shoes. She's a really girlie girl. Whenever Nana brings her a new outfit, she has to try it on right away.


And here's a picture of my two angels after church this week. Pretty cute aren't they?


Lucas is a great photographer. He's been taking a ton of pictures of Lydia. Some of them are really good and some are pictures of the carpet or the wall. :) Here's a sampe of his work. He can get her smiling bigger than I can for pictures. Sometimes she just stares at me when I get the camera out.



And here are a bunch of pictures that I took, trying to get some for the Christmas card.



And these last 2 are of Lucas in front of the tree. He was posing with the presents he bought at the kiddie bazaar. I gave him $20 and he only spent $9.50. He got presents for me, Lydia, Nana and Grandad. Pretty good shopper isn't he? It took him over 30 minutes and I was starting to worry as Lydia and I were waiting down the hall. The older lady that helped him, brought him back out to me and said he had to go around the entire place first before he could choose anything.

My sweet boy has been telling me that he has Christmas in his heart. What a nice thing to say.



2 comments:

Diane said...

Great pics...I really want number 2 also!! Thanks for being an inspiration. I feel like I know you! Diane

Merry Christmas!

Nachama said...

What great photos!!! If you want to help the 56 kiddos still stuck in Nepal please go here and sign the petition to bring them home! http://theywaitnepal.blogspot.com/

(If you put it on your blog it would get lots of hits) Many thanks, Nachama - daughter in Nepal is legally adopted 2.5 years old. Still waiting for a visa.