While we were playing tonight, I put Lucas up on a chair in the living room. As he was sitting there, I also put my little black dog Emmy up there with him. Now Emmy isn't a big Lucas fan. She hasn't adjusted that well to him coming to live with us because she thinks she should still be the only baby. After 17 months, you'd think she'd adjust, but.... So Emmy tried to get as far away from him as possible in the chair. She doesn't jump on or off furniture, but I know she was thinking, "Get me down mom or I WILL JUMP!" She was really good though and put up with Lucas and me. But then Lucas saw our other dog Oscar walk by. Of course he wanted Oscar to sit with him too. Lucas laughed as I tried to catch Oscar and then finally all three were sitting together on the chair. Aren't they cute? I think the dogs are adjusting better to Lucas (not quite as jealous as they were) and Lucas is being more careful where the dogs are concerned. He's not swinging at them to pat them or trying to pull their hair anymore. Thank heaven neither dog has ever been aggressive. They REALLY like him from a distance or if he has food, but they are hesitant to play with him. After tonight's great progress, I'm a proud mom all around. I just had to snap a few pictures! By the way, my furry babies are Pomeranians, just in case you were wondering.



And here's my little computer geek on playhousedisney.com. He's taking after mom (I work on computers!)
6 comments:
Lucas is such a cutie!! I bought some pairs of squeaky shoes for Lucas in HCMC. Sorry to get in touch with you so late, but things have been hectic! I don't know if they are exactly what you wanted, but would love to send them to you. Send me an e-mail with your address when you get a chance!
:) Karen Wall
kawall@hotmail.com
What kind of dogs are Emmy and Oscar? Corgi? Pekingnese? Those pictures are adorable! Emmy looks like she's thinking "stay away, I don't want your cooties".
The photo of Lucas using the mouse is so funny! They start so early, no wonder they have no fear of new technology. How old is Lucas. Wowee, I just noticed you are #103 on the list, so that means we are #104. Soon we'll be into the double digits. I just want to start our dossier! Come on referrals; open up some more referral places!
How funny! Nothing is more fun then forcing pets and kids together, I find myself doing it all the time.
They are all so sweet. Emmy looks like she is scared to death. I bet that is how Bella and Maggie will be.
very very cute
beverly
Post a Comment