Lucas was a little off last week. He was fussy and didn't want to drink his formula. We went to the doctor on Friday and the doctor said it was viral with a sore throat. To get Lucas to drink, I was giving him juice. Well, I've found out that Lucas has a stubborn streak. He developed a taste for juice - ONLY. He seems all better now, but still won't drink formula or the whole milk the doctor suggested. So I talked to the doctor on Tuesday and he said to try chocolate or strawberry syrup. My mouth dropped open. He wants me to flavor my baby's milk???? The doctor chuckled and said "a little Hershey's never hurt anyone." Too funny. As it turns out, Lucas doesn't really care for the chocolate flavor, but he loves the strawberry. He still won't drink the milk plain, but for now, I'm happy he's on milk again. By the way, he weighed 22lbs. 12oz on Friday. What a chunk!
He's also able to eat his weight in Cheerios. He loves them. The dogs like them too, since they clean up what he drops!
Lucas got a package in the mail today. It was his Easter gift from his cousins, Nathan and Natalie - Dumbo and Dumbo shoes. He's modeling the shoes in the picture.
Lucas is quite a bundle of energy now. He's always moving and pulling up, usually with his tongue sticking out (as I mentioned in the previous entry). He's just as busy when he sleeps as when he's awake. He rolls all over his crib. Check out the picture of him napping. Isn't he the cutest little ball?



No comments:
Post a Comment