Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School








So it's a new school year and we have a first grader and a 4yo Pre-K student in our house. Lucas was so nervous about starting first grade. Leading up to his first day, every time we talked about it, he would tell me how nervous he was. I tried to encourage him, but he was making me nervous too. So I woke up early on Monday morning and was worrying a little. When I took him to school, he was very brave. He wasn't too concerned when I left (some of the little girls were crying, poor things). My eyes started tearing up as soon as I left his room. When I picked him up, he was so happy. He was singing a new song and dancing a little. I told him that evening that I was really tired. Probably because I had been worried about first grade. He said, "Mom, you don't need to worry anymore. Mom's shouldn't worry." Such a big kid now.



1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I can't believe Lucas is a 1st grader!