As I read lots of other adoption blogs, I continuously realize how lucky I am. I have two gorgeous, happy, healthy children. How did I manage to successfully complete these adoptions? I remember how hard both processes were at times, but for the most part, that is forgotten now. I feel it was against all odds that Lydia made it here from Nepal and with Lucas, I was just ignorant regarding Int Adoption.
So on Mother's Day, I can only say how thankful I am. Now don't get me wrong, things aren't perfect here and I have a lot of days when I get grumpy at 8pm, somtimes earlier. And the laundry and cleaning never seem to be done, but when I step back and look at the big picture and my wonderful kids, it's all worth it.
My Mother's Day was awesome. Lucas had secretly gotten me a gift at the mall with my sister's help. (On a side note, my sister especially and also my mom, really try hard to make day's like this special for me since I'm single). So Aunt Ali and Lucas shopped at the mall and got me a secret gift in a Bath and Body Works bag. I begged Lucas to let me have a look at the present and he told me it was ice cream. Once he slipped up and called it soap but otherwise, he stuck to the ice cream story for a week. Oh and the bag did tip over a few times, but I didn't let on that I thought it was anything other than ice cream. So Sunday morning, I asked him if he knew what day it was (he'd been asking me all week when it would be Mother's Day). He said you tell me, then I said no you tell me. He yelled - It's Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day Mommy. Can I get your present now? So he gave me the wonderful hand soap and card that he had gotten Lydia sign too and it was great.
We went to church and I asked if he'd like to take me out to breakfast. So I gave Lucas lots of suggestions and he chose Steak 'n Shake. When we pulled into the parking lot, Nana called and I told her where we were. She said, you're eating there twice today? I didn't know that Lucas and Aunt Ali had made plans to take me out to dinner and he chose Steak 'n Shake. It must have been on his brain when I asked him where to go. Oh well. So as we were eating, Aunt Ali called to talk to Lucas. I heard him say to here, "we're already here". LOL! So to make a long story short, we ate at Steak 'n Shake twice on Mother's Day. What a day to remember.



1 comment:
Oh that is so sweet! I can't believe how big they have gotten! We are very lucky to be moms. happy belated Mother's day!
Post a Comment