Thursday, May 27, 2010

School's out for summer

I have to share a story from last weekend. Lucas and I had his cousins over the play. We were all in Lucas' room when he got out his soft Diego lunch box and started packing it with jammies and underwear and his little pillow and pillowcase. I asked what he was doing and he told me he was going to "iet-nam". Oh I said, you're going to Vietnam. How long will you be gone? He said, 9 or 10 days. I said, oh really, do I get to go too or are you going without me? He said he was going by himself. Totally cute, but I'm wondering why he's suddenly planning a trip to Vietnam. Could it be that I've been telling him the story of bringing him home? Or is it that I've been talking about going on an airplane? I'm hoping to travel this summer to bring a new addition into our family. His four year old brain fascinates me. There's just no way to figure him out and it's amazing.


Wow, that first year of pre-school went really fast! Lucas loved school, his teachers and his classmates. I'm so jealous that he's off school and I have to work. He doesn't quite understand why I still go to work. I wish all jobs were like school.

So now we're adjusting to our new schedule. We're playing a lot outside and going to the park and taking walks.

Here's Lucas with his teachers! They are awesome and we miss them already.












Last weekend we made a trip to The Magic House Children's Museum in St Louis. Lucas had a blast. They had a ton of sand in the back parking lot like a beach with beach umbrellas and shovels and pails. What fun!




Here's Lucas and Grandad on the front grounds. We had a beautiful day!


Lucas climbed down the beanstalk following another little boy. The boy was so cute, he said to Lucas, come on, I know the way. So Lucas followed him.




And here's Lucas and cousin Harrison at the Japanese steak house. Aren't they cute?










1 comment:

Casey and Carra said...

Love that story. I am like you I wonder what he was thinking!! Cute pictures I can't believe how fast they grow!