Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school and leaving Las Vegas

How sweet is my new little pre-schooler? He was so cute this morning and very excited to go to school. He didn't even look back when I dropped him off. He just took his teacher's hand and off they went together. I wanted to cry. Is he so grown-up and independent that he doesn't need me anymore??? But I was glad that he was happy and I didn't have to peel him off my leg. He had a good time at school and says he wants to go back tomorrow. The only issue he had getting ready was that he had to wear sneakers, not crocs. It's been a long time since he wore sneakers. But we put them on and he survived. They came right off in the car as we pulled away from school though.




We just took a quick trip to Vegas to visit Lucas' cousins. He had a blast playing with them. It was really hard to get a good picture of all four at once, so I'm stuck with these. Is it too much to ask that we all look at the camera at once? Lucas loved playing in their pool. He wasn't so fond of the aquarium at Mandalay Bay, but I thought it was cool.






Here are the fish, having a salad for lunch at the aquarium.



I was a little worried about air travel with a 3 year old, but Lucas LOVED flying. Maybe he'll be a pilot? He was so good, I can't wait to plan another trip.


Lucas and I went to the zoo on a sweltering day recently. He was exhausted and missed the cool exhibit when the elephants were swimming.






Here's Lucas, playing Whack a Mole on my friends phone while listening to jazz in the park. He LOVED that game!



And here's Lucas with his cousin Harrison, having fun under Nana's dining room table. Those boys are a pair of stinkers!

1 comment:

Casey and Carra said...

Hey. Hope Lucas likes school. He looks so grown up. I love the picture of him on the airplane. I glad you guys had a nice trip.
Take care,

carr