Well, it's been a month since I last posted. For a while, nothing much was happening with Lucas and me and then things really picked up in the last week. Last week, Lucas' cousins visited from Florida. Wow, things get crazy here when you add 3 more kids! Lucas had so much fun playing with the older kids, but he was sort of jealous and whiny around the 1 year old. Do you think that's a bad sign for when his new sibling finally comes home?
I guess that leads into the adoption #2 update. Since Vietnam is officially closed and not going to grandfather my paperwork, I'm currently working on plan B. I'm really optimistic that the path I'm on now is going to work out. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. I'll be excited to share our news as I get closer, but for now, I'm going to keep it to myself.
And here's the Lucas update. He's wonderful! I think I mentioned a few months ago that he was starting speech therapy because he's just not talking much. I'm thrilled to report that he's starting to talk a lot more. Not a ton, but a lot more than he was and I'm just as proud as I can be. Just last week, he said cookie. That's 2 different syllables. How cool is that! Other than speech, he's growing like a weed and changing all the time. He seems heavier every day too and that's saying a lot when he's already about 32 pounds. He's a solid little guy.
Here are some pictures of Lucas with his cousins at the pumpkin patch. We dressed them all in orange shirts and denim and they looked so cute!
We do have a new addition to our house. I made the mistake of visiting the Humane society with my mom who was looking for another dog. A minature daschund by the name of Gustav caught my eye and has since moved in with us. We're calling him GusGus and he's the sweetest thing. Well, except that he doesn't like to sleep in the pet taxi and keeps me up at night. Just before I brought him home, he had hip surgery, so he has to sleep in the taxi while he's recovering. Right now, he's walking on 3 legs and he's really fast when I let him out in the kitchen. My pomeranians, Emmy and Oscar seem to like him, but they haven't had a lot of time together since GusGus is crated. We'll see how things go down the road. Oh and he's a bit of a stinker. He's 3, but he still seems to like to chew - Lucas' shoes, a glove, a magazine, bath toys.... You get the picture, right? So Gus is my new challenge and hopefully, he'll settle in perfectly by the time baby #2 comes home.



5 comments:
Mindee,
I've been checking in on you and wondering what Lucas had been up to. I'm anxious to hear your good news. You are definitely going to be busy with two.....believe me! My two are running around like crazy right now! I'm enjoying them though.
Take care, Alicia
Gus Gus is such a cutie. Of course not in the same way that Lucas is. I can't wait to hear what your new path is going to be!
We will forgive you. I love the pictures. I can't wait to hear Lucas talking. Maybe he will anwser the phone next time I call!!
I am so sad that Vietnam has shut down and that so many children will have to wait for some agreement to maybe reached in the future. Keep us posted on your next options.
Cathy
I, too, am looking forward to hearing your news when you have it. Lucas is as cute as ever and if I were going to learn to say a new word, I'd pick 'cookie', too. He's obviously a smartie.
Post a Comment